Monday, July 21, 2008

The “Why do I Blog?” Challenge

I read other Blogs. Some are humorous, some are profound, some are good writing, some are not, some are professional development, some are innovative, some… well some are just worthless words.

I read recently a Blog (of the professional nature) that answered the writers question – “Why do I Blog?” I do not personally know this writer, but love to see his writings from my professions standpoint. This writer gave 3 reasons why he Blogs and I thought it was interesting to put it down for the world to see.

Then I began to think back to my old Blog and realized the reasons I Blogged back then vs. now are completely different. I want to put out there why I am Blogging… So, here goes – I am Blogging because:

Metaphorical Living - I want to personally find metaphors in daily living and put them down on paper. Take the time to re-look at things from a different perspective. This Blog gives me that opportunity, personally.

Discovery - I want to show others how many different places there are right under our noses. I guess I am discovering this and want others to do the same.

Introduction - I want to introduce people to Geocaching, a weird marriage of technology and nature.


So, here is my challenge – write in your Blog about why you do it. What are the 3 things that stand out when you ask yourself that question… I am curious to the different responses that will come out of this.

I wonder how many people are Discovering a Change in themselves when they write.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Here is my answer:
http://mfisteach.blogspot.com/2008/07/answering-challenge.html